A Sweet Afternoon at Bittersweet Corner

Red Velvet, here I come...That's the curious foodie should be...looking for the food she wanted the most til drop hahaha! Finally I was happy to get the red velvet in Bittersweet Corner. I wasn't not looking for the most recommended red velvet, I just looking for a red velvet as fast as I find the shop and this Bittersweet Corner stole my heart first when I visited Plaza Indonesia last week.

Bittersweet Corner which is located at the corner of Perennials, a functional kitchen and tabletop shop, placed its small pantry as a cozy corner to enjoy their cute and mouth-watering cakes and cupcakes. For me who looking for a red velvet cake, they offered me two kind of red velvet, a cake and cupcake. Since I was seduced by the size of the red velvet cake, I eliminated the cupcake hehehe...

Red Velvet Cake - 38K

Fortunately, the red velvet I found is a Valentine special edition. It's a fusion of red and chocolate velvet. Don't ask how the cake taste for me. It's simply pretty outside and oh-so-heaven inside. The texture of the cake is soft, as soft as a chiffon but more dense. The sweetness of the red is perfectly fit with the chocolate and the cream cheese inside and outside the cake. Aaaah I couldn't say anymore...I just want more!


Chocolate Caramel Tart - 30K

Unfortunately, after been spoiled by the red velvet, I lost my appetite due to this classic chocolate caramel tart. I simply said this one is a day destroyer. I dunno whether I forgot how does the caramel taste look like, or my tongue and tummy simply denied it. The caramel is too rich, sweet, strong, plus the pie tart lil bit bitter and I got nausea in the third bite. Ah what  a pity that I couldn't enjoy it more.


Most of all, I never regret to visit this place since it healsme with such a heaven cake. I certainly will back for other cake, specially the blue velvet cake. Curious how does the blue is different with the red. For you who also love cakes and cupcakes, don't hesitate to stop by. I guarantee you will get at least one cake that you'll say 'Gosh, this is heaven!' in here. 

Been there first and got teh same experience? Anything you would say, don't hesitate to share with me, eatersuntildiee! 

Let's make another cake hunting haha!



*all cakes prices are subject to 5.5% government tax

Bittersweet Corner

Plaza Indonesia Extension (Perennials)
3rd Floor #E18
Jl. M.H Thamrin, Central Jakarta
(+62) 21 29923661

Twitter : @bittersweetco
FB: Bittersweet Corner
Blog: http://bittersweetco.blogspot.com

7 comments

  1. bittersweet and co is my favorite place to buy sweetness thing like red cupcake velvet and macaroon. I love this place too

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh baru tau ada red velvet cake nya.....gw waktu itu malah beli yg cupcake. kapan2 coba ah !

    ReplyDelete
  3. @OMG Food: belom nyobian macaroonnya, tapi kyaknya sama aja ya hehehe

    @cindy: kudu nyobain ciin, nagih deh red velvet cakenya, mudah2an masih ad aya soalnya seasonal katanya yg gw makan itu...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ichaaa, gw udah coba red velvetnya..menurut gw biasa aja niih! *masih penasaran sm RVC enak yang sebenarnya*

    ReplyDelete
  5. @aline, nyobain yg cake atau cupcake? gw nyobainnya kan cake, justru cupcakenya ga nyobain hehe, ktanya cupcakenya emang biasa aja sih...RVC Union n ConviviuM dELI sih gw penasaran, yah lama2 sih trgantung selera org kali ya rasa RVC itu

    ReplyDelete
  6. ternyata redvelvet cupcakenya biasa aja.. kurang moist.. mendingan redvelvet-nya coffeebean.. lebih moist..

    ReplyDelete
  7. @yunske, kalo aku gak nyobain cupcakenya sih jd gak tau rasanya hehehe...

    ReplyDelete