Madame Lily: Their Food & Price Honestly Speak With Attitude

Actually I do not particularly like to dinner in ​​Plaza Indonesia area, not only because this is a high class mall but I feel like it’s too 'lame' to join with socialites women or aunties who dress up glamorously while carrying their favourite branded bag and dining in several resto here hahaha (yeah okay it’s just in my mind, I’m not judging). But then, how can I resist an invitation from my friends to taste a recently-established restaurant even though I should again sit next to the ladies carrying Hermes. Oh God not again! Well, first thing on my mind when I stared at a word ‘Honest Food with Attitude’, in front of the resto, was ‘Do they serve that?’. I kept my thought first while waiting for some of other friends and looked around this fancy resto. Anyway, I adore their interior, how they could arrange a not-so-spacious place to one minimalist but looking glamour and chic by putting grey and silver in most of their furniture also with many mirrors embedded on the wall. It’s Victorian style indeed, but juggled adequately. At least I don’t have to bring the Hermes or LV to dine here hahaha…


I love how they set their entire interior, from the broken white engraved lamp to wine buffet, from the cake tire which make the cake seems delish to a tissue embellished with a word ‘Call Me 2992 3868’. It quite honest like a guy put his cell phone number in the club to ask you join his next drink invitation or sort of ask you a date ;-) . Talking about honest, Madame honestly is declaring that they serve Indonesian fusion cuisines which again raise my curiousness. As I opened the menu book, I saw their honest trying to serve various kind of Indonesian with internasional fusion such as in Pizza Tuna Sambal Matah or Spaghetti Tuna Sambal Matah. The rest is various kind of Indonesian food such as Rendang Wagyu, Sop Buntut, Nasi Bali paired with various kind of western and Italian food such as pasta, salad, roast chicken, grilled chicken and of course desserts that I could not resist.


So, here’s I tried to open my stomach honestly tasted their food. The first I tasted Dory Cream Chowder (52K). This is a thick condensed soup consists of dory and cream. I thought it’s more like cream soup with dory and some potatoes, carrots and chicken cutlets inside. It’s a lil bit tasty, not too creamy. It just went well on my stomach and great to open my taste buds.


Next is Nasi Bali (89,5K) which I wanna say honestly that the portion is inversely disproportional with the price. However, I still interest with the overall combination served. The tiny satays (sate lilit) were delish, flavourful and quite tender, so did the shredded chicken and Pindang boiled egg, but I didn’t find any surprising flavour in its shredded vegetables or Indonesian called it ‘urap’. It is too plain for me. Overall, it’s good trying, if I can tell Madame directly, I wanna say please reconsider the portion, Madame. It’s too tiny for the high price.


After Indonesian fusion, I had BBQ Chicken Pizza (78K) with an unusual kind of serving; the pizza was made in a rectangular shape and placed in also wooden rectangular pan. Soft dough with rich of BBQ flavour and their melted cheese just make me feel head over heels. 


Cream Dory Mille Feuille (88K). Ah this dish too fancy for me. At first, I worried the taste wasn’t as good as its appearance but after munching the crunchy chips covered with melted cream and the juicy dory, I could say to myself to not judge a book by its cover. One thing I, again, regretted was only the price and the portion. Compared to the previous Nasi Bali, this is much more overrated! Do you think the same, Madame?



Finally, the night was closed with Honey Comb Crunch Cake (40,5K). It had a soft texture more like chiffon cake with a sweet cream and honey comb crunch cutlets. I didn’t put my interest on the cake, but I love the honey comb crunch, the caramel flavour made me want to munch it more and more. Satisfy my sweet tooth madness!


And oh the drink, I tasted several mocktails and latte of them (left to right, clockwise):

Apple Kiwi Crumble (44.5K). This is fresh kiwi and apple topped up with soda. It’s indeed refreshing!
Strawberry Peach Crumble (44.5K). This is fresh strawberry and peach topped up with soda, compared to the previous, this one more bitter and the soda I didn’t know more shocking in my tongue.
Berries Ice Tea (44.5K). This is a great fusion of strawberry and cranberry. Sweet enough and also refreshing!
Green Tea Latte. The green tea was well-blended with the latte. It just great for me.


If I should be honest about their price, I would say that they are overrated. They start the appetizer to main course from to dessert in range of IDR38.000 to 300.000, while the desserts are from IDR IDR25.000 to 97.500. Beverages start from IDR35.500 to 95.500.

Overall, I really enjoy dinner here but after I leave the resto, I feel like I wanna drop my honest comment about what actually they want to offer. They are not a fine dining restaurant but why should they embed an overrated price for a very tiny portion. They might be located at a high class mal but I thought their competitor doesn’t put too much price for a tiny portion. I thought that…ah too many thought in my mind…Let Madame answer the reason with their heart honestly and action with their respectable attitude. 

Madame Lily

Plaza Indonesia, Beauty Floor, 4th FloorJl. MH Thamrin Kav. 28-30
Jakarta
021 29923868 
@mdmlily

5 comments

  1. "The size is inversely disproportional." --> Quote of the day! Hahaha. I bet we all had a lot of that kind of moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha jd malu, I didn't found any word yg cocok buat itu rub...gemes abisnya liat porsi secuil di PI tp baru ngeh harganya segitu haha

      Delete
  2. Toward the day's end it is truly dependent upon the host to conclude the amount she can stand to spend on food and how long she has accessible for arrangement. https://twitchviral.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. party venue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. Satta king result

    ReplyDelete