Shabu Ghin : Newest AYCE Shabu-shabu in Town!


I love many Japanese food from sushi, sashimi, sukiyaki, okonomiyaki, etc., but frankly speaking, I rarely hmmm well honestly very rarely to eat shabu-shabu since I had a bad experience in eating shabu-shabu in one of famous shabu-shabu resto, while sometimes I thought eating shabu-shabu was something tricky, we should cook it by ourselves while my intention to go to a restaurant is to enjoy something cooked by other people for me hahaha...that's natural way of thinking, right! But for sure, I would love to try another shabu-shabu resto as long as it is worth to visit like my visit to Shabu Ghin. I happened to visit this newly opened resto at Wolter Mongisindi area last week. This shabu-shabu specialized restaurant impressed me since it wasn't neither a branch or franchise, it is originally built as the owner's appreciation of their favorite Japanese food, shabu-shabu.


Located right accross Seven Eleven, Cikajang, this resto designed with classy and homey interior and dominated by earthy colors like light and dark brown. The area is quite spacious divided by two area, up and downstairs with the buffee is all in downstairs. As I mentioned you, this resto provide all you can eat shabu-shabu with various selections of raw ingredients such as raw vegetables, mushrooms, fishball, salmon ball, crab cake, etc., and cooked ingredients. Yes, they provides cooked food also like chicken karaage, sushi, tempura, yakimeshi (fried rice), etc. It is good news while I rarely find such things in another shabu-shabu restaurants.



Another impressions was this resto provides more modern built-in stove with high-speed cooking method. I found the stove was quite compact and very fast in cooking the shabu-shabu ingredients such as raw meat and vegetables. A better way for me since sometimes in some resto the stove was quite big with several additional equipment which made my table packed. Meanwhile, the main selling point of Shabu Ghin was their beef! They provides three types of beef, Shabu Ghin Wagyu Beef, Shabu Ghin US Premium Beef and Shabu Ghin Special Beef. Gonna share the details below!


HOW TO ENJOY IT?!

So, this is the main things, how to enjoy the all you can eat shabu-shabu. Firstly, choose your preferred beef from the three beef selections I mentioned above. I suggested you to try all because every beef give different sensations which might be lead you to favorite one of them. After that, choose one of soup from the Shabu Ghin Soup's selections. They have five types of soup, Original Konbu (I chose this one), Chicken Mizutaki, Spicy Tonyu, Spicy Seafood and Sukiyaki Soup. Then, choose the additional raw vegetables and anything you want from the buffet. Oh don't forget to choose one of their dipping selections for the beef (if you want to, but I prefer to not dipped the beef into the sauce, I like to keep it original). 



Now, let's cooking! If you happened to try all the beef, try to start it from the recommended one. I recommended by the owner to try the Wagyu Beef first (Picture No. 1), then the Special Beef (Picture No. 2) and the last the US Premium Beef (Picture No. 3). I happened to love the Wagyu Beef since the texture was the moooost juicy and tender, it's like a soft jelly which melted on my mouth even after I cooked it. Meanwhile, the special beef was thicker yet still tender but I found the fat in the US Premium Beef made it a lil bit chewy after I cooked it. For the soup, I only tried the Original Konbu, since that night they only provides Original Konbu and Spicy Tonyu. The Original Konbu turned so savory with a hint of sweet and salty from the soy milk and soy sauce. So refreshing for me! 


However, overall, I love all this all you can eat packages, the cooked food also like the sushi, kaarage, and desserts was just perfect to complete my shabu-shabu time. The price was also wise, you can enjoy the all you can eat with two packages: Ala Carte packages for IDR128K++ (enjoy AYCE buffet counter + 2 plates of Shabu Ghin Special Beef) or you can choose the Beef packages which the price is based on the choices of the beef with also the AYCE Buffet: Shabu Gin Wagyu Beef IDR388K (child/senior price IDR235K); Shabu Ghin US Premium Beef IDR238K (child/senior IDR145K); Shabu Ghin Special Beef IDR188K (child/senior IDR115K). Any wastage will be charged IDR50K/100gr. If you want to extend your time, you will be charged IDR50K for every 30 minutes extension. Btw, during this month until 15 Nov 2015, they will gave 20% discount for all packages. Great deal for shabu-shabu lover right!

Shabu Ghin
Jalan Wolter Monginsidi No. 53
Ph. +62-21 720 2336
IG; @shabughin 
Opening hours : Mon-Sun 11.00 AM - 15.00 PM & 18.00 - 22.00 PM
Prices subject to 10% tax & 6% service charges
Free Valet Parking

No comments