FOLIE KITCHEN & PATISSERIE, CANGGU, BALI


Folie Kitchen & Patisserie is one of a new restaurant in Canggu, Bali. They offer delectable Western and Indonesian cuisine along with pretty and mouth-watering cakes. Some Instagram's posts were truly made me curious to visit this restaurant. Folie which located at Canggu area, dominated their area with pastel colors. Almost their interior and furniture are in soft pink, blue and green colors. In several corners, they also cover the walls with pretty wallpaper. Geez, as a woman, I couldn't resist my self to not take a selfie hahaha...The area was divided into indoor and outdoor area. Let's take a look of how beautiful the indoor interior was.


And how not I'm in love with their outdoor area. How they choose the pastel colors, the sofas, the wallpapers, everything just soooo pretty and instagrammable!




Folie Kitchen & Patisserie offers love from the kitchen of Chef Stephan Hammond. Lucky me to be greeted by him when I was visit their store. He's so kind and humble, though I wasn't talk too much, the way he even greet a guest and let me to sit into my preferable area, made me believe that he's creation might as humble as his smile. Several Western, Asian and Indonesia are on Folie's menu list, but since it's still early in the morning and I need a cup of coffee and something sweet after my big breakfast, I decided to try their patisserie.

Strawberry Tart' Folie - 32K


Pastry is also a great love of Chef Stephan Hammond. I assumed it from how people recommend this place as pastry heaven. I know it's true when I saw how heaven the pastry display was. It's full of colorful and mouth-watering cakes! Ommmoooo, I even hard to decide one! Since I have to choose, I decided to take the colorful and interesting one among the others, and it went to this Folie Strawberry Tart. Look how wonderful the colors were. A pretty red and green on the top of pistachio tart. The tart itself has a flaky skin outside and moist tart inside with rich vanilla flavor. The butter cream, the pistachio and nut chunks gave additional sensation to the whole cake as well. The best part was the whole flavor wasn't too sweet for my palate. Definitely must try!



Americano - 25K

Since my hubby is not a sweet-tooth person, he chose to have Americano as the cake pairing. The strong flavor of espresso shot here, simply neutralize his palate after the sweet cake. 



Cafe Latte - 25K

Me, as usual, chose lighter coffee. Caffe Latte here was simply perfect as my cake pairing.



Ah too bad, I came here in a rush, in between our hotel check-out and the hard rain of Bali and oh in a full belly after big breakfast. Didn't have too much time to try their main menu. Next time I should schedule my visit longer and at least for lunch before taking any meals hahaha...trust me once you see the cake display, you want it for more and more...

Folie Kitchen & Patisserie
Jl. Subak Sari 30A
Canggu, Bali
Telp: +62 361 934 2025
IG: @foliebali

No comments