[New Coffee Shops] Common Grounds

While spending my time before proceed to foodtasting in one of Indonesian resto  last night, I decided to have my cup of coffee at Common Grounds, another new coffee shops in Jakarta which was opened about a week ago. Though coffee shops, recently, become common in this town, I can say that this baby is not common. Their interior might be similar with other coffee shops, with a simple and modern furniture in dark brown and warm lighting. Neither fancy pictures nor  rustic miniatures showed inside, they just keep the shop modest but homey to spend your coffee or working time.


What make them special is of course their coffee. They serves Aceh Gayo, Toraja to the unique one Ethiopia Coffee. I have a lil chit chat with one of their barista, he said Ethiopia coffee has strong characteristic with balance acidity but resulted in a unique taste when you sip it. I see them use Macap, a coffee grinder machine which I observed it is a great deal machine to control over their grind from coarse French to fine espresso. 


Well, enough blabbering about coffee dictionary since I'm not that expert in coffee hehehe...I decided to have short coffee time with a cup of Capuccino and a plate of Apple Crumble Cake on my table. The Cappuccino was fine for me. It was light, milky, not too bitter and perfect as pairing for my Apple Crumble Cake. 


The Apple Crumbe was beyond my expectation, you see that usually apple crumble is made from pie with crumble of apple on the top, but this one comes in a cake. I wasn't expected the taste was similar with the real apple crumble, but fortunately it did. I love the cake, even though the texture was not too moist, I love the apple jam inside which not too sweet but still give me true flavors of apple crumble. They also have the crumble outside the cake. Simply love it!



Well, I wish I could stay here longer. I had my eye on their main course and other cakes, gotta back soon for their trial! Overall, I had so much fun in here. The cozy and homey ambience make me think to have my meeting or doing homework here hihihi....Congratulation anyway for Common Grounds, though you have strong contenders in this town, your modesty will always win your customer's heart! Welcome aboard!  




Common Grounds
Citywalk Sudirman 1st Floor
(next to Pizza Marzano)
Jl. KH. Mas Mansyur
Jakarta Pusat

Price Range:
- Coffee & beverages from IDR20,000 to IDR40,000
- Food from IDR35,000 to IDR75,000
- Cakes IDR40,000

Wi-fi : No
Smoking Area: Yes

1 comment

  1. No wifi yet . But common ground is good . :)

    ReplyDelete