Cuanki Serayu

Bandung had always be the pioneer of Indonesian traditional snacks since long ago, who doesn’t know batagor, cireng, cilok, bakso tahu, gehu, basreng, cuankie bla bla bla, you name it! I’d tried all the first mention, but the latter I’ve never try it until my hubby invited me to try the snack which name make me curious. I have no idea what actually the cuankie is and I got surprise when my hubby told me the story that cuanki is actually the abbreviation of Cari Uang Jalan Kaki (earning money by walking) since the street seller sells their food itinerant from one place to another by cart. Cuanki consists mostly of meatball & tofu or in Indonesian "bakso tahu" and fried meatball & tofu or "batagor". Being a legend in Bandung, people nowadays not saying "I wanna eat bakso tahu" rather to say "I wanna eat cuankie". And the most famous and one of cuankie pioneer is Cuanki Serayu.

I visited their shop which beyond my expectation. It just only a small and old shop...hmmmm I better called it "warung" but don't judge book by its cover, they might be old but look on the queue, full and packed! Most of the buyer brought their personal car. Seems this baby is very famous (where am I so far hahaha *blushing).

Cuanki Serayu  offers us bakso tahu, bakso kuah and batagor. The famous one is bakso tahu of course. A bowl of Cuanki Serayu consists of some big meatballs, dumplings (siomay), meatballs covered with tofu and crunchy chips. The meatballs was so juicy and the tofu was so soft. The broth also savoury which made all in the bowl fantastic. I never try such good bakso tahu before. This was fantastic for me and also for only IDR12.000 per bowl!


The Batagor was also the star. Never imagine that they could have a super crunchy skin with a juicy filing. Companied by an aromatic peanut sauce, this snacks really stole my heart! 


I sometimes feel pity to live in a big city like Jakarta since nobody sell this goddamn good bakso tahu with big portion with a cheap price. I must be miss Bandung when I miss this Cuanki Serayu. For you Bandung citizen, how lucky you are to have this legend snacks. So, for you who miss the legendary food in Bandung, trying this Cuanki Serayu will be your memorable street eating moment! 



Cuankie Serayu
Jl. Serayu No. 2
Near to Jl. R.E Martadinata (Riau)
Bandung

Open daily from 10.00 AM to 08.00 PM 
Price: All IDR12,000, half portion IDR6,000

No comments