[TRAVEL REVIEW] KOMODO SAILING TRIP #1

The very best thing happened in my life is when my life dream is accomplished, one of my accomplishment this year is exploring Nusa Tenggara and Komodo Island. I did this because I really wanna feel the way expatriates and some of travel bloggers which knew Komodo Island better than me as an Indonesian citizen. I somehow wanna proof that there’s always beautiful side of Indonesia which people should know in a different way. So, here I am, on board with several excited travelers starting to Living On Board five days  to the beautiful Komodo Island.

Our journey was started on Thursday from Lombok in Senggigi as the meeting point. My bestie, Puput and I took an early flight of Garuda Indonesia to Lombok Praya International Airport.We didn’t have any plan so we just wait another participants until 01.00 PM from 09.00 AM we arrived. Phiuh whatta wasting day! On 01.00 PM all participants arrived and since we still have several hours before proceed to the meeting point, we decided to explore South Lombok. Our first destination was Mawun Beach. It took around 1 hours from the airport. Unfortunately, the weather was so cloudy so we couldn’t enjoy that beautiful, pristine beach. The landscape was very beautiful. Better than Kuta and Tanjung Aan beach but mostly surrounded by green hills. The sand texture was more soft than Kuta Beach which appear like a pepper.

 Mawun Beach, South Lombok
  
Selong Belanak beach before rain
  Selong Belanak Beach during cloud and going to rain

Next destination was Selong Belanak Beach which only about 30 minutes from Mawun beach. Still the sky was very cloudy but I prefer to stay here since there were several indigenous children who play at the beach and attract my attention to take the photo and whatta surprise they really like to be captured. Like really!

 Cute children!
  
 I took this photo also when the dogs starting to run then fight then run! Funny!

The day was still long and we took about 2.5 hours from Selong Belanak to the hotel in Senggigi and we just couldn’t sleep while preparing for tomorrow’s most-awaited trip. We stay at Pondok Shinta, next to Senggigi Art Market. It was quite spacious cottage with two single beds and fan in each room. I just cant wait for tomorrow!

I'm not gonna share too much stories in the next post, I prefer to envy you all with my holiday photos and of course BEACH photos! It will gonna make you soooo envy and droool and realize HOW BEAUTIFUL THE INDONESIAN ARCHIPELAGO IS

SHOULD WE START?! LET'S GO! 

 #KomodoSailingTrip Day 1

We took a bus about 2 hours to Labuhan Lombok, a port town in eastern Lombok. In the middle of the trip, we only stopped by for buying several snacks and food. Something funny was our tour leader asked us to try a special pineapple from eastern Lombok called ‘Nanas Becek’ (becek means ‘wet’ in English). It was actually an ordinary pineapple but came in a tiny and handy version. The taste was fresh and you couldn’t drink a water directly after consume it unless you want your mouth got bitter the whole day hahaha!


We arrived about 01.00 PM at Labuhan Lombok and welcomed by super stunning sun but it’s not even bored us since beyond the sun the landscape view, even starting from the pier, was sooooooooooooooo stunning! The blue see accompanied by the beautiful green hill, blue and bright sky and cotton candy cloud. All incorporated into a very great eye-refresher!

in front of our boat before sailing

We're heading to Pulau Komodo by a wooden boat. It's actually quite proper boat with two floors. First floor for ABK and Captain's room, meeting point slash a place for dining, chatting and stargazing hmmmm and bathing also haha!, kitchen and bathroom in the back of the boat. Second floor is open bedroom with mattress, each equipped with pillow and blanket.  For me, it’s more than enough for a backpacker boat; the ABK also served us with a proper food from breakfast to dinner.

First destination for today’s trip was Gili Kambing, still in West Nusa Tenggara Province, about 3 hour from Labuhan Lombok. Gili Kambing is an uninhabited island which covered mostly by green savannah and hills. I amazed by the view since it look like I was in Africa. The most memorable thing was I looove the sunset here. It was like real Africa!



After sunset in Gili Kambing, we’re overnight on board in the Gili Kramat Bay, a 30 minutes bay from Gili Kambing. The boat stayed in the bay til the morning. The first on the boat I had difficulties in sleeping since the sound of boat machine was very horrible, but several days I spent here, I even forget how the boat sound was, I just remember how I sleep like a log hahaha…

#KomodoSailingTrip Day 2

We’re heading to Moyo Island in the next morning around 4 pm. It took about 2 hours from Gili Kramat to Moyo Island in West Sumbawa. Moyo Island is famous coz the super high-class resort, Amanwana, resided here. Have you ever heard about the ocean tent in Amanwana is cost about USD950 per night?! It is true and hell yeah SUPER expensive; no wonder several lines of celebrities, world’s rich people and world’s influential people like Lady Diana had spent their holiday here. But of course, we’re not going here hahaha, we’re going to go to the back of the Island which the beautiful waterfall was welcoming us. 

 the fantastic waterfall inside Moyo island's forest


 we can't resist to be captured!

 sea view on Moyo Island. Terrific!

After Moyo Island, we proceeded to Satonda Island. It took around 1 hours. In Satonda we did snorkling. The underwater view was quite terrific with a good visibility and colourful corals. 


Satonda is a little island located in north of Dompu Regency of West Nusa Tenggara Province. Inside the island, there is a beautiful natural lake formed after the eruption of Tambora Mountain in 1815. The lake is covered by beautiful green hills and of course view of Tambora Mountain's peak. Btw, the lake is having a super high content of saltwater, even higher than the sea around, but at least laying down the lake was such an unforgettable moment!


Finished Satonda, we're heading to Komodo Island huuurraaay! The bad news was it took about 11 hours on boat from Satonda which is in West Nusa Tenggara to Komodo Island in East Nusa Tenggara. So, I spent most of my night on the boat with friends, stars and high curiousity to see one of the most dangerous creatures ever alive in the world, the DRAGONS!

I'm not gonna tell my stories in this post because there are more and more photos taken on Komodo Island. So, before you envy with my next post, here's I present you the best sunset shoot I've ever captured (of course NO FILTER, I GUARANTEE!) in the sea near West Sumbawa Island. LOOK AT THE COLOR CHANGING OF THE SKY. IT'S MORE THAN UH-MA-ZING!!! PERIOD!


 Notes:

·         Mawun and Selong Belanak Beach located at South Lombok Regency. If you travel with some friends, you better rent a car from the airport since it cost only IDR300,000 plus the driver than take a taxi which mostly cost more than that. I never heard about the public transport to the beaches.
·         Sailing Trip or Living on Board exploring Komodo Island is now famous. Several travel services offer a good package to there but usually starting from Labuan Bajo, Flores and only focus on visiting Komodo Island and nearest islands.
·        One of well-known travel service that provide full sailing trip which fully explore the Island from meeting point in Lombok to Komodo Island is Indonesian Traveler @IdTraveler, led by Kang Indra Patriasandi (I will tell the detail in the next post)

1 comment

  1. I love those photos! You capture every perfect moment so I can see how happy you were there and how joy being there :D
    I love every travel blog, made me envy and then start to count my money with "Is it enough for me to be there?" haha I like when that feeling comes forward and confuses me.
    Regards,
    Rental Mobil Jogja Semberani

    ReplyDelete