Chicken Wing & Beer House at Holywings

Kelapa Gading is one of the never-sleep culinary hub in North Jakarta. As if every second of his breath, born a new joint both restaurants, caffes or anything else. As a person who live very close to this area, I’ve been watching the growing up of this area since I was a kid. Oh God, this area is like never getting old. But sometimes, not getting old doesn’t mean everything okay, I sometimes got bored with the choice of the restaurants or caffes here. I kinda longing for something unusual, new or a breakthrough, maybe. 


Thanks God, several weeks ago, a new joint enlightened Kelapa Gading. It’s Holywings, a wing and beer house. No no no, don’t you think this is similar with the wings restaurants that booming rite now, this is different! Jansen Karyadi, the man behind the successful nitrogen gelato, Elicxir, was the one who also incharge in this restaurant. With his F&B Background, he creates this one stop entertainment hub where people can get drinks while eating fantastic snacks. Why I brave to say that their snack is fantastic, coz Jansen creates great chicken wings and skewer with authentic spices of Batak, one of rich tribe in North Sumatra province. He use Toba's Batak Family spices such as andaliman (Batak pepper), rias (a typical of galangal but more strong in flavour), and other specialty Batak spices. 



So, let's take a look what Holywings offered us. They have 3 types of Chicken Wings (all ready served for 6, 12 & 24 pcs per bucket: Spicy Korean Chicken Wings, Chinese Spice Chicken Wings and Grandpa's Chicken Wings. They also have 45wings dipped: Thailand, Wasabi Mayo, BBQ, Curry and Kecap Sambal sauces. 

Spicy Korean Chicken Wings (63K, 12pcs + 1 dips)

this wings appear to be 'hot' with its shocking red color and so does the taste. It's not only hot but for me it's burnt my tongue! I could find rich spices here though it's so hot but my tastebud received it well


Chinese Spice Chicken Wings

This wings is HOLY BOMB!...apart from their crunchy skin, they have super colorful taste. Here I can taste the Batak spices higher. Perfect balance of andaliman, rias and many other spices which made it hot and mouth-watering. MUST TRY!


XXL Taiwan Crispy Chicken (35K)

Simply remembering me of the famous Taiwanese crispy chicken in Jakarta, yeah I know you named it, this one slightly the same but richer in spices for me.



Chicken Katsu Curry Rice Bowl (38.5K)

Holywings also provide a full meal. They have choices of rice bowl to try. My favourite is Chicken Katsu Curry Rice Bowl, a big bowl of rice topped with crispy chicken with curry sauce. The chickem was so crispy and tender while the sauce was lil bit spicy but it was fine for my taste bud. 


Holy Skewers (Price ranging from 3K - 15K)

Holywings also provide variety of skewers as another light snacks. Choice of chicken leg, chicken breast, beef tenderloin, chicken skin, pork skin, could be the best companion for your cocktails or beer. My favourite was chicken skin, it was a super crunchy chicken skin with touch of sweet soy sauce glazed which make it soooo addictive! 


To company your meal, Holywings also have variants of beverages ranging from their signature Holy Coktails, Holy Shot, Virgin Cocktails to choices of international beers. My favorite virgin cocktails were Berry Of My Eye, sweet cranberry juice with strawberry syrup and chilled tea and Passion Fever, apple juice with passion fruit and lemonade (37K). 


They also provide Holy Jugs for sharing. This time I tried Purple Hermit Banquet, fusion of vodka, orange slices, cranberry juice mix with lavender and lime. It was super refreshing drinks to company my sunny day. Love this much!


Overall, I love to spend my weekend here. It was a great beer house with good choices of light snacks and meals. Unfortunately, Holywings still doesn't have smoking area so when you came on weekend and it's packed, get ready to smell the smoke. Maybe Holywings could separate the area into two, downstairs for smoking and upstairs for non smoking. I believe when your house is clean people will stay longer and crave more for your wings. And I will go back for sure for your Chicken Skin skewers!

Success for you, Holywings! 

Holywings

Ruko Boulevard Kelapa Gading Utara
Blok QA5 No. 8-9
Kelapa Gading, Jakarta Utara
(next to Lemon cakery, or two blocks before Bakmi Bintang Gading)
Opening hours: 04.00PM til late

<span data-iblogmarket-verification="Kr8PGnQdqqNF" style="display: none;"></span>

No comments