Shake Shack, The Dubai Mall


When I told some of my friends I’m going to Dubai to try Shake Shack, they suddenly screaming. Most of them keep saying ‘you should try Shake Shack!’ ; ‘Oh God, I missed Shake Shack’ ; ‘Try it, try it, you’re gonna love it’. Ya ya ya everything I heard about ShakE Shack either from friends or google is all positive. Like everyone in the world’s know Shake Shack well. Me personally, and frankly speaking, is the person who didn’t know before what is Shake Shack taste like until I came to Dubai.


Personally I love their interior both outside and inside. It just simple like typical modern American burger house. Seating table was nice with mix of mid-pastel wooden seating table outside and more brown inside. The waiters are also humble and nice. They all like keep greetings me everytime I passed them by. To order the menu, we have to wait in queue with the menu will given first before we’re into queue. So, when I’m ready in front of the cashier, I already know what I want. After that they will give us something like 'pager', and when you heard 'beep' sound, it means your order are ready. 

Shake Shack have great selections of burgers and hot dog. They also have ‘concretes‘ which is another term of an ice cream which can be turn upside down without melted. It just unique for me and curious to give it a try! So, since they’re burgers house. I ordered some of their best burgers. So, here they are;


Double ShackBurger - AED42 ; Single AED26

I’m quite impressed with Shake Shack that they served a double burger without triple bun like I usually had in Jakarta. They just used simply two buns on top and bottom and they put together the two double patty inside. It feels like better for me. This burger was also served lettuce, tomato and ShackSauce. The beef was juicy but way to mushy. I simply love their bun coz the buns was made not from flour but from potato. So it’s added some moist texture and feel like melted in my mouth.


Double SmokeShack - AED48 ; Single AED32

This cheeseburger was topped with hickory smoked veal bacon, spicy chopped cherry pepper and ShackSauce. This burger was way better then the previous. The beef was juicy, dense but not too mushy. If you spicy lover, you must try this one. The shot of the cherry peppers was holy! Btw, I love their sauce and mustard which is all hand-made. The mustard was dense but not too heavy and sour. Very light for burgers.


Shackcago Hotdog - AED25

Never had the hotdog with many filings like this before. They have sausage, relish, onion, cucumber, pickles, tomatoes, sport pepper, celery salt and mustard whole inside. The taste was so refreshing and unique.


'Shrom Burger (Vegetarian) - AED26

Frankly speaking this burger was DA BOMB! They made a crisp-fried portobello mushroom which is so delectably delicious! The texture was sooo crunchy outside and moist inside. 


Shake Stack - AED42

The previous 'shrom burger might be the bomb, but this one was EXPLOITING MY MOUTH! The burger basically consist of the same base with 'shrom burger but they added the addictive Portobello mushroom with cheddar cheese and deep fried them together. What's the result? Look at that mouthwatering melted cheddar cheese and the crunchy Portobello without look greasy. I got savory and salty all together. OMG! I even feel hungry everytime I looked at this pictures! Super Favorites. PERIOD! 


FRIES

Original (AED15) & Cheese Fries (AED20) + Extra Toppings (AED6 each). Burgers is best pairing with fries, aren't you agree? Shake Shack have two choices of fries, Original and Cheese Fries with other toppings like extra cherry pepper and extra cheese sauce. My favorite would be the Cheese Fries with extra cheese sauce. The portion was big with dense and soft texture. Unfortunately, I didn't like the original one, I expected to have savory and lil bit salty of the usual fries, but this one was just plain for my palate.


DRINKS

Peanut Butter Shakes (left) - AED25. If I could choose to have another shakes of Shake Shack, I would choose this one again. The vanilla shake was infused with rich peanut butter sauce which resulting in dense yet thick texture of milkshake but not too overpowering the whole flavors. Sweet enough and simply addictive! 

Shack-made Lemonade (right) - AED13. If I happened to run outside the mall in he sunny and humid Dubai, this drink will gonna my first choice! Balance in acidity and simply refreshing my throat.


CONCRETES!
AED 24 (Single) ; AED36 (Double)

When you heard about Shake Shack it means not only burgers, but also the Concretes! Their famous yet fabulous concretes are a dense, frozen custard ice cream blended at a high speed with mix-ins flavor. Here you can also design your own concretes with the ice cream base for single (AED15) and double (AED21) with tons of toppings choices (AED3 each) which are chocolate truffle cookie dough, chocolate toffee, strawberry puree, fudge sauce, caramel sauce, chocolate sprinkles, peanut butter sauce, marshmallow sauce, shortbread cookie, valrhona choocolate pearls, banana and malt powder. All flavors sounds all tantalizing, but here are two of bombs that breaking my palate! 

Red Velvet Concretes 


For a sweetooth person like me, the combination of vanilla ice cream and red velvet flavors was simply delectable. I love how the flavors aren't overpowering each others, I could taste a shot of vanilla in the opening and hint of red velvet cake covering my mouth after. The dense texture of the frozen custard was also great so it's not easily getting melted.


Shake Attack Concretes

Chocolate lovers definitely should try this one! Generous filing of chocolate custard, fudge sauce, chocolate truffle cookie dough, Valrhona chocolate pearls topped with chocolate sprinkles. What do you want more than a heaven of chocolate? Me? Enough! This was just beyond haven of chocolate!


Overall, I got great experience having lunch here. Personally, I love everything about this brand. The flavors and texture of the food just like complete each other. The service, the simple packaging, the ambiance of the casual restaurant was just enhance everything to make Shake Shack become something worth to visit. One thing I may add for notes was only their thin packaging which somehow looks greasy in covering some burgers which deep fried together. A thick packaging paper with attractive logo maybe good for personal Shake Shack's branding in the future. 

Will they works in Indonesia's market? I absolutely believe YES, instead of their famous branding, they have something unique to sell for which the competitor might not have. They maybe can simply upsize the portion but lower the price a bit and have a choice of the flour bun since Indonesian are familiar with the flour bun. I believe with some unique selling points like the 'shrom burger and concretes, Shake Shack will ready to fly to Indonesia. 
 

Shake Shack
The Dubai Mall, 1st Floor (near the Giant Waterfall)
Doha Street, Burj Al Khalifa Complex
Dubai, UAE
+974 04 4190 370
Opening Hours : 10 AM - 12 PM

No comments