Retorika Coffee, Kelapa Gading


Before I went to Dubai, two weeks ago, I had an urge thing to do regarding my mandatory writing about one advertorial. I thought I won't get enough time to do so in home since I have to look after my baby. So I decided to have my 'me-time' just to do that advertorial thing outside home hehehe... After my mother allowed me to go out, I went to Kelapa Gading area just to find out which coffee shop or cafe that best suited for spending several hours typing. I considered to find a small but cozy coffee shop or cafe with excellent wi-fi access and of course a homey ambiance. There are many in Kelapa Gading nowadays, but based on recommendation from my food blogger's friend @cole_lense, I found Retorika Coffee hiding in Jalan Kelapa Kopyor Raya, next to Wisma Gading Permai and in one lane with the famous Bakmi Aloy. 


This coffee shop is indeed a small place as I wanted to be, dressed down minimally with simple black-and white interior and touch of industrial thing in several sides. They have four areas actually, front area, main area, upstairs area and backyard area. I found their backyard was soooo homey with a cute wood-swinging and wood table and chair. And what I love the most was they provide electrical socket everywhere, almost in each side of the wall. Lucky me, I came here not in the weekend or after office hours, so I found the coffee shop was quiet and roomy (I thought this place will gonna be so packed in the weekend and they need more air conditioner especially in the backyard, I could imagine how hot it is!) 



What's special from their coffee shop, for me personally, is their first impression on the customers. Though the choices of coffee and food are still limited, but the very welcome smile and greetings of the owner who also act as the barista was a great step from them. The owner kindly served us with several choices of coffee from capuccino, long black, espresso to affogato and some manual brews with local coffee such as Aceh coffee. They also offers some non-coffee beverages such as green tea latte, red velvet latte to choco latte. From the food, they only have small choices of breads and croissant and some Indonesian's traditional snacks such as ragout risoles and fried cassava. Oh btw, do not mind to ask the owner for the infused water since they provide a free-flow infused water. You can take it near the cashier table. 

Iced Capuccino (35K)
I spend several hours here with my best companion, my hubby. He ordered this simple Iced Capuccino with light texture. For me this cappuccino also suit to my palate, a lil bit creamy with hint of chocolate and nut and not too bold as I'm the person who enjoy light coffee than something bold. 


Iced Red Velvet Latte (35K)

This was also my favorite. I tasted real red velvet flavor with a light sweet and twist of coconut flavor. Best enjoy when the ice still freeze, when it's going melted and mixed with the water, the red velvet flavor was simply going tasteless hahaha...


Fried Rice (28K)


Since my hubby didn't have his lunch yet, so he picked this Fried Rice. Retorika actually doesn't have many choices of mains yet, but for me it's okay since the coffee shop supposed to sell only signature coffee and some light snacks right. But thanks, they're simply selling this thing though the taste was so so at least it's fulfill my hubby's tummy. 


I really enjoy my time here especially with the high-speed wi-fi and the homey ambiance. I didn't feel intimidated with the waiter keep seeing my table as if they force me to go as I experienced in some coffee shop. Here, I feel like I found my second home hihi. I just hope in the future they extend the area since the customers keep coming every hour and I believe with their kindness, the customers will be increase double. Thank you Retorika Coffee. Will be back to have my next 'me-time' there ;-)


Retorika Coffee
Jl. Kelapa Kopyor Raya 
Blok M1 No. 8
Kelapa Gading, Jakarta Utara
IG: @retorikacoffee

Operating hours : 09AM to 09PM
Free Wi-Fi : Yes
Free Electric Socket : Yes
Alcoholic drinks : No

1 comment

  1. sudah banyak cafe di jakarta. tetapi cafe ini bisa membuat saya nyaman dan nongkrong berjam jam. saya suka suasananya yang unik, minuman nya yang enak dan asyik dijadikan tempat selfie

    ReplyDelete