LIVINGSTONE CAFE & BAKERY, PETITENGET, BALI



After quick lunch at Lantern, I decided to spend the rest of the day before dinner in a coffee shop. Since my hubby didn't want to drive far away from Petitenget area, so I decided to walk view blocks to Livingstone Cafe & Bakery. It was actually very close to Lantern Restaurant and one area with the famous Buro Concept Store & Coffee. Unfortunately, when I visited Livingstone, Buro was under renovation. 

I was recommend again by my friend in Bali to try this cafe since they have good choices of bakery and coffee. The area was very wide with an industrial design dominated with white, grey and brown colour. Overall, when I first stepped in this cafe, I preferred to call this "a bakery" since the first thing people will see once they arrive is the big displays of bread and cakes, while the coffee area placed in the end of the area, a lil bit hiding if you didn't notice. There were several dining tale and big sofa including a comfy outdoor area. 


Livingstone actually is well-known for their fresh and home-made bakery. People said when you visit Livingstone, you must try at least one bread or cakes. The favorite one would be the Watermelon Bread. However, since the Watermelon Bread is packed for daily consume (one pack consist of six breads), I opted to try their one-go-bread and coffee. Beside the bakery, Livingstone offers the food menu as well from lightbites such as bruschetta and potato wedges to sandwich, salad to the main course such as pasta, burger and pizza.


Cheese Doughnut - 12,5K

Thing that I interested in when seeing the displays for the first time was this donut. It was because my kid love donut so much as well. The donut might looks so so but the size and the tasty was great. The size was quite big for a IDR12K. It's holy CHEAP baby! The texture was so moist with drizzle of sugar covering the outside part of the donut, while the cheese topping was so generous covered the chocolate and you'll find the surprise inside the donut which was cheese cream! Overall, ever bite was heaven. A perfect pair for my coffee that afternoon. 


Chai Latte - 34K

As usual, I was looking for light coffee, and the waiter recommended me this Chai Latte. It was a fusion of latte, cinnamon and ginger. The smell was so soooo good. I could smell a rich flavour of the sweet cinnamon, felt the warm ginger and tasted the bitter of the espresso. However, frankly, as light as its texture, overall taste of this coffee was more like a ginger drinks, hmmm let's say a "bajigur" (traditional drinks containing ginger and milk) in Indonesia. But well, I love this so much. Paired it with my donut and my afternoon just perfect! 


Iced Coffee Caramel Latte - 37K

I didn't have a chance to take the close photo of this drinks! It was slightly run out in a second by my thristy husband after I took this flatlay photo ahahaha. See that tall glass, that's the Iced Caramel Coffee Latte. The taste was so so for me. Just a fusion of coffee and caramel. A lil bit to sweet as well. 


Overall, I found Livingstone was a good and cozy place to spend the day either for a good coffee or a tasty bread or cakes. The bread and cakes' price are ranging from IDR10,000 to IDR60,000; while the food from lightbites to main course are ranging from IDR65,000 to 150,000. FYI, they also provide a good breakfast starting from 7AM, the price ranges are IDR75,000 to 115,000. For the beverages and coffee, prepare about IDR25,000 to 40,000. I will came here again for their Chai Latte and of course try their main course as well.

See you on the next Bali's restaurant recommendation

thanks for reading guys!

Livingstone Cafe & Bakery
Jl. Petitenget No.88X
Kerobokan Kelod, Kuta Utara
Bali
Telp: +361 4735949
IG: @livingstonebakery


No comments