Mangkok Putih

It was in a Thursday rainy nite, when friend of mine offered me a free voucher to dine in Mangkok Putih, FX Lifestyle X'nter. Fortunately, I was in the mood of leaving my work and escaping somewhere hehehe...So, I asked my roommate to accompany and here we were in what so called Asian cuisine resto, specialty in noodle, Mangkok putih.



The resto is covered with white ambience as its second name started with white. A modern minimalis of the furniture completes the area which one side of the wall painted by a mural in red. However, I saw a victorian style in one side of the wall. There are several mirror in several white frame of victorian style hanging by. In the other side, I can see the open kitchen with the chef and waiter making the dishes. Actually, it's simple and cozy resto to have simple dining.






Let's see the menu. I've heard about this resto before and the least I know is the cuisine which is Asian. We can see various Asian cuisines ranging from Indonesian, Malaysian, Thailand, to Vietnamese foods and they put them into categories. The categories among others Small Bites, consist of several appetizers such as Otak-otak, Shrimp cracker, Cassava Cracker, Chicken wings, etc; Lamien, consists of various Lamien, a typical Chinese hand-made noodle such as Tomyam Lamien, Seafood Lamien, Beef Sliced Yamien, etc; Soup Dish, consist of various soup, such as Tomyam Goong, Wontoon Soup, Hainan Chicken Noodles, etc; Rice Dishes consist of Asian mixed rice, such as Hainan Duck Rice, Broccoli Beef, Duck Black pepper, etc; Fried Rice consist of various fried rice suh as Vegetable Fried Rice, Chicken Fried Rice, Salted Fish Fried Rice, etc; From the Wok consist of various typical Hong Kong and Malaysian cuisines, such as Hokkian Chicken, Hongkong fried Noodles, Penang Fried Kwetiaw, etc; Japanese Corner, consist of various Japanese small bites, such as Chicken Teriyaki, Salmon Teriyaki, Chicken Curry Katsu, etc; 

They also served many kinds of beverages including their specialty such as Vanilla Milkshake, Oreo Sandwich Shake, Strawberry Crush, etc. Since I familiar with Indonesian food, so I decided to try Thailand and Singaporean foods.


Beef Sliced Lamien – 34,5K




I might be not a noodle enthusiast but to eat this kind of Lamien, I absolutely love it! The Lamien was served with a bowl of noodle and tom yam soup. The noodle served in an oval and high bowl, while the soup in a round bowls. All in white. I remember this serving as same as serving for typical Mie Ayam in Indonesia hahaha….the texture of the noodle was soft and very thin, so does the beef. One thing I love is the tom yam soup; it’s very authentic soup with real spicy and savory flavor. I dunno I’ve never love spicy kind of food so bad til I eat this spicy soup and it’s great for me. Even I clean a bowl of soup out without taking the noodle hahaha!

Hainan Duck Rice – 42K


This is similar with the authentic –familiar serving of Hainan Chicken Rice, however  they change the chicken with duck. I am not a Hainanese cuisines lover, so I thought the Hainan rice is like the way it is, rich of chicken stock and fat. Nothing special. I love the duck, actually. Soft, tender, and sweet. I dunno why they served it sweet (I mean not too sweet) I still taste a salt and chili flavor, but I tasted it sweet maybe because of a rich soybean in it. The sauce was also ordinary. Too salty for me.

The price range is also fair. They offers about IDR9,000 – 39,000 for appetizer; IDR26,000 – 50,000 for main course; IDR10,000 – 23,000 for beverages.

For services, I regretted that they don’t have competent waiters, I heard one of them yelled to one other inside the kitchen when he asked for a food. Don’t they think that there were several customers around? Some of them even don’t know when I asking the ingredients of food and the bad was they don’t know the social media used by the restaurant either website, facebook, and twitter. Oh come on! Where is the supervisor?!

Overall, I can’t say anything for this restaurant except the food that I taste, even though I only enjoyed the tom yam, at least I had enough dinner time and I might be considering to go back here.

Have you experienced a similar case like me, Eateruntildiee?

Glad to see your comment here. Have a nice day.

Mangkok Putih Restaurant

FX Lifestyle X’nter
FX Lifestyle X’nter
Jl Jend sudirman Pintu 1 Senayan
Jakarta Selatan
Telp. 021-25554141 

Setia Budi
Setiabudi Building 1 Lt. 2
JL HR Rasuna Said kav 62 Kuningan
Jakarta Selatan
Telp. 021-5210548 

Cilandak Town Square
Cilandak Town Square Lt. 1
Jl TB Simatupang kav.17 Cilandak
Jakarta Selatan
Telp. 021-75920300 

City Plaza
City Plaza @ Wisma Mulia Suite LG 10
Jl Jend.Gatot subroto no 42
Jakarta Pusat
Telp. 021-52971204 

Wisma Metropolitan II
Terace Ground Wisma Metropokitan II
Jl Jend sudirman Kav 29-30
Jakarta Selatan

No comments