Momi & Toy's Creperie : A Sweet and Creamy Breakthrough from Japan


Who doesn’t know crepes, a dessert that could fully kill you with its crunchy skin and delightful sweetness or savory filling. However, due to my devotion to the famous crepes in town, I believe you know the brand that starts with ‘D’, I never give other crepes brands a try until an invitation from a famous crepes outlet in Japan dropped into my email. Brought to Indonesia by PT Momi and Toys Indonesia, M&T Creperie is a joint venture with Momi & Toy’s, Japan, a non-franchise crepes outlet as it claimed. M&T Creperie has 80 outlets in Japan, 3 in Shanghai and 6 in Taipei. Indonesia is their first outlet in Southeast Asia.

Well, as you know how the crepes texture and taste is, M&T Creperie simply provides similar kind of crepes but with more improvement. They named it Torokeru Crepes, a creamy with superb melting texture when eating. Most of the crepes’ skins are served in ‘thick’ size, not a thin and crunchy one as people always met in typical Indonesian crepes.

M&T Creperie has its two variant of menu, sweet and savory crepes. Most of the sweet crepes consist of crepes with sweet filling such as ice cream, fruits, whipped cream, and jam. The savory one consist only four menus, Chicken Teriyaki Rice Roll, Yakiniku Rice Roll, Chicken Teriyaki Salad, and Tuna Cheese Salad.

Well, as my feet stepped into their brand new outlet in Level 3 Plaza Senayan, I should give it a try. I opened my nite with the sweet one, Matcha Cream with Ice Cream (34K) which really trigger my taste bud. The skin was thick but very soft and creamy. The vanilla ice cream mixed with matcha powder went well and give sweet enough sensation on my mouth. Hmmm…I wish the ice cream replaced by truly matcha ice cream. It would be great I think.


Another try, Kuromitsu Kinako Cream with Ice Cream (39K) and Strawberry Cream (34K) seemed similar for me. A Cinnamon powder in Kinako Cream with Ice Cream went too sweet for me, dunno why, while the strawberry one was similar with tipical crepes with ice cream and strawberry. Not too special.


I also tried the savory crepes, Tuna Cheese Salad (39K) which, again, went unwell for me. The combination of cheese and tuna was too salty for me. Enough for the second bites. 


I could give my appreciate for the Iced Matcha Latte with Cream, the drinks was perfect for my thirsty throat. I sipped a good mixed of matcha and cream. Meanwhile, the Lychee Frutte (24K) went to sour for me. A tea should be sweeter than a sour one, I think, because it’s filled with sweet lychee.


What I feel sorry for this new outlet is the price. I think they should lower the price. For Indonesian market, the crepes with price above IDR25,000 are overprice. In my opinion as a crepes lover, and as people who used to know with the standar type of crepes – crepes skin and filling – I will go to the other crepes outlet with the cheaper price as long as I get the same crepes’ type, taste, and filing or something that familiar with my taste bud.

Yeah, that’s only my opinion. Maybe M&T Creperie has their standard and consideration to open such outlet. Thank you for inviting me. My pleasure to be the first customer to taste your delightful menu. Wish M&T Creperie will be success in the future. Oh yeah, I still wait your other innovation in enlivening your flavors, Durian and Matcha crepes will be a fantastic breakthrough, I think. Arigatou Gozaimasu!  



P.S: Thanks anyway for the goodie bag M&T, I really love the Hiyoko cake hihihi....


Momi & Toy’s Creperie
Plaza Senayan Level 3 Unit 320 C (4)
Jakarta

2 comments

  1. Wah kayaknya banyak nih yang diundang food tasting momi&toy heheh. Kapan ya diundang food tasting lagi heheh

    Don't forget to visit check out my blog --> ohmygoodfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kakakkk! Suka blognya :D

    ReplyDelete