#EATJKT2015 Menu Tasting Session at Sunny Side Up, Kota Kasablanka

Last week, I was invited by Qraved to #EATJKT2015 menu tasting session at one of #EATJKT2015 participating restaurant, Sunny Side Up, Kota Kasablanka Mal. #EATJKT2015 is actually Qraved’s annual event where you can eat in about 100 participating restaurants with special price set menus. This year the event held from 14 May to 14 June 2015. I was surprised to be part of their event since I missed last year #EATJKT2014.

Located at the famous egg themed restaurant, Sunny Side Up, #EATJKT2015 menu tasting session attended by several food bloggers and media partners. The event started with a simple yet challenging quiz which the participants should answer 12 questions about egg and the winner will get a cute #EATJKT2015 t-shirt. We had to guess what egg variants in the picture, from 12 questions, I just can answer 6 of them hahaha…There was also a presentation from AMG Media as #EATJKT2015’s sponsor and again giveaway under the table. Lucky me, I found a sticker under the table and yay I got a smartphone!!


In this event, we also tried Sunny Side Up set menus at #EATJKT2015. They have set menu for two worth only IDR125.000++ from its original IDR168.000. Here they are:

Appetizer
Salmon Croquette

The croquette was crunchy outside and soft inside. The dough was deep-fried well with salmon and egg mixture inside. Simple yet satiating opening.


Main Course
Honey Salmon Omurice

This omurice was served dry, rolled into an omelette and topped with crunchy fried salmon




Spicy Katsuobushi Omurice

This one was served with spicy broth, chicken and katsuobushi (Japanese name for dried, fermented skipjack tuna) so the texture of the rice is little bit wet. I wasn’t try this one since I’m not a spicy lover.


Drinks
Green Healthy Juice

This was a fusion of pineapple and lemon. It’s super refreshing anyway!  


Besides the #EATJKT2015 set menu, Sunny Side Up also introduced us with their upcoming menus. Let's meet them all!

Hamburg Omurice

I’m not an avid omurice lover, but when I looked this one, I suddenly deeply in love! Geez, why Sunny Side Up doesn’t create such a scrumptious food at their first debut haha…this butter rice served with creamy mozzarella sauce and topped with an omelette and hamburg beef with melted mozzarella cheese. The beef was sooo juicy and tender, rich in flavour, while the creamy sauce wasn’t overpowering, it’s even enrich the taste of the butter rice. Oh God, no complaint! 


Rendang Omurice

This one is specially mde for spicy lover! Spicy fried rice covered with omellette and topped with crunchy beef 'rendang'. The fried rice was cooked well, not too dry, so was the beef, tender yet crunchy. I just try it a little, after that I said enough, it's hoooot! hahaha pardon my-not-spicy-tongue ;-)


Rolled Eggs

Seeing this two menu, brought me back to the childhood memory. When I was in elementary school, there was a rolled egg seller who sell this snack in front of the school. I thought same seller existed in most of the school hahaha...Sunny Side Up presents this Original Roll and Chicken Teriyaki Roll beautifully. They even added chicken inside! It's more than the childhood snack, it's a breakthrough! Super love it! 



Matcha Melted Cake with Green Tea Ice Cream

Could I didn't tell you much about this one? Coz I just have two words for this. DA BOMB! For an avid greentea addict like me, who can't resist the soft and melted green tea cake with not overpowering flavor and perfect green tea ice cream. Oh Goood, I even took one plate just for me hahaha! Btw, this is not new menu, this dessert available only on Mal Kelapa Gading branch. 


Sunny Side Up also have their signature egg drinks which could be a healthy drinks since they are made from 6 egg whites. Surprisingly, it's not even smell bad as I thought before. It just like a milkshake. This egg drinks available in 5 different flavors, strawberry, greentea, chocolate, banana and vanilla. Btw, don't be surprise when order this one, this drink served in a super giant glass, you can share with your friends. 



Oyeah, on this event, there were also some cute welcoming canapes consists of cupcakes, pastries and bruschetta. 


I had fun experience with #EATJKT2015 team and food bloggers that day. Having fun while eating much was never that funny! Thank you Qraved for the chance. 

Don't forget also to download Qraved mobile application on your app store or google play. You can easily found what's hits and not in Jakarta's culinary and could also share your eating experience there. 

Sunny Side Up
Kota Kasablanka Mall, Food Society
Upper Ground Floor, Jl. Casablanca Raya
Tebet, South Jakarta
Ph. +6221-29488719
IG : @sunnysideup.id
www.eatjakarta.org

No comments