Kamo Kuma Dessert House & Bistro



When I was strolling around Kelapa Gading area last week, I suddenly found a newly opened dessert house at Boulevard Raya, Kelapa Gading, Kamo Kuma. It is a cute yet small dessert café dominated with green and white with some cute and artsy cartoon paintings on the wall. This café is divided by two areas, the downstairs is for the kitchen and the cakes' display with several seating table while the upstairs is all for the dining area. The whole furniture is also colourfully designed which made every girls will crush on this café. So did I, I always love dessert and that's why stepped into this cute café I believe that I will get something cute for my short day. Kamo-kuma actually has its main café at Sunter area, this one is their first branch. Following the succesfull of some Japanese-based dessert house, Kamo Kuma trying their luck by serving various Japanese desserts but with some new inventions. Of course, stand out from the mainstream will always works!
 
 
I found their menu book was uber cute! It's might be not about the designed, but the content. I appreciate more the café or restaurant who posted their foo photos beautifully in the menu so the customers won't guessing what does it looks/tastes like. And I'm in love with Kamo Kuma who posted all the food photos along with the details of the food served. Brilliant idea! Since their concept is desserts house and bistro, I saw they're offering full range of food, from appetizer, main course to desserts. Some happening Japanese desserts such as parfait, dessert bowl, taiyaki and shaved ices are also became the main attractions here.
 
 
So, nufsaid, here's what I got on my short visit to Kamo Kuma!
 
Kamo Parfait Matcha (40K)
 
Kamo Kuma serves four selections of this Kamo Parfait, from Matcha, Milo, Strawberry Cheese Cake to Nutella. What I love about this parfait bowl was they're topped with generous condiments! In the bowl there are two scoops of matcha and vanilla ice cream, matcha cake, corn flakes, matcha jelly, mocha, red bean, frozen matcha mousse, and wafers. Everything just turns into a bowl of heaven for me. I mean that's the super generous topping I've ever had! The matcha ice cream and mousse was my favorites. Frankly speaking their ice cream has thicker texture and not easily melted as I found in the other Japanese dessert house. The taste was also not to creamy, a lil bit bitter as I wanted to be. Well, I kinda dislike green tea turns to be so milky, it just not 'green' like hahaha...and oh their matcha mousse was superb! The texture was sooo moist and puffy like a green tea cake. Another condiments was just blend perfectly with the ice cream. Period. I love it!
 
 
Injection Bitterballen (35K)

Oh God, standing applause for their cute creations. This snack migh be just bitterballen, a classic ragout ball with cheese and beef, but their presentation for me personally was just too cute to be true. The texture of the bitterballen was so crunchy outside, with moist yet savoury filing inside. The injection sauce turned to be my fav. It's savory with a shot of sweet in the end. Just a cute-little snacks for my snacking time.
 



Well, I had a short yet great snacking and dessert time here. I'm not complaining anything since I came here when they're just open for few days. So, everything here just okay for me from the fast and kind service, the good food quality and the wise price. Yes, the price is still wise from food ranging from IDR25K to 50K and beverages from IDR12K to 30K, while the desserts including the famous ball-shakes (sadly I wasn't try this one) are ranging from IDR22 to 45K. I believe this dessert house will be bigger since in Kelapa Gading area, there's still small amount of standalone desserts houses (I mean outside the mall). As long as they keep inventing more cute and unique creations, people will keep coming to this cafes. I will be back for their Nutella Ball Shakes! Success Kamo Kuma!
 
Kamo Kuma Desserts House & Bistro
Jalan Gading Boulevard Raya QA1 No. 20
Kelapa Gading, Jakarta Utara
(near Seafood 212)
Ph. +62 21 29569556
IG: @kamokumajkt
 

No comments