An Evening Dinner in Scusa

Last week I got a chance to back to my favourite Italian restaurant, Scusa at Intercontinental Jakarta MidPlaza. I was invited for a dinner enjoying Scusa’s signature dishes which of course satiate my appetite. One thing I miss from Scusa are their warm ambience (even though it’s very very hard to take a photo in a very dark ambience, but yeah the show must go on hihi) and their Walnut Bread with Feta Cheese. It’s not even an opening snack for me, it’s something that I’m addicted to (I wish I could get it somewhere in a bread shop hahaha). And oh also their very very kind and helpful waiters who always serve the customers with heart. I really appreciate a hotel with such a great hospitality like this.


Well, enough about the opening, now let’s do the food yakking! Sure you won’t miss this part. The dinner consists of five degustation menu including appetizer, main course and dessert.

Starter
Buffalo Mozzarella, tomatoes, rocket leaves and blackpepper.

This starter also served with a very thin slice of bread that come in crispy texture and covered with balsamic dressing. The texture of buffalo mozzarella was very soft and pluffy like a boiled egg with a savoury taste. All of the vegetables were a great company for the cheese. It all perfect as a starter!


Soup
Scusa signature potato and wild mushroom soup with truffle

Everything just went perfectly blend on this soup, but I prefer a thicker soup, maybe Scusa missed this one.


Pasta
Cappellini con astice

Homemade angel hair pasta with Sulawesi lobster, fresh chilli, tomato, 
extra virgin oil and chopped parsley.

The main highlight of this dish of course the lobster. Fresh and half grilled Sulawesi lobster with rich tomato and chili flavour which all blend with the angel hair super thin texture. Simply love it!


Meat
Scusa signature spit-roasted chicken

Marinated with Italian herbs, garlic, balsamic vinegar and grain mustard, green asparagus 
and mashed potatoes

I love love looove Scusa’s spit-roasted chicken. Never had such a perfect and juicy roasted chicken before. I even could smell and taste the strong Italian herbs on the deeper part of the meat.


Dessert
Tiramisu

From all those delicious feasts on tonight’s dinner this one is da BOMB! This is the best Tiramisu I’ve ever had! Sooooo good! Soooo fluffy, moist and rich of chocolate but not too sweet! Perfect closing!



Thanks so much for inviting me to this great dinner Scusa @InterConJakarta. Will always miss every single thing of your resto! 


Scusa at InterContinental Jakarta MidPlaza
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 10-11
Jakarta 10220
Tel. 021-2510888
Fax.021-2511777
@InterConJakarta

No comments